Monday, July 16, 2012

Dear Blog...

Please forgive me for completely neglecting you the past few weeks..

Between our trip to Chicago,


and fireworks..



Followed by a round with the stomach flu,
(No pic here.. You're welcome)

2 weeks of swimming lessons,




and a week of Vacation Bible School..


A crazy day at the Children's Museum where I rushed in only to drop off my 2 boys for my sister to watch (along with 6 of her kids) while I took Ella to two doctors appointments, then rushed back to take over watching my 3 kids (plus 5 of hers) while she hurried to her doctor's appointment, then  rushed back so we could drive 1 1/2 hours back home to entertain guests for supper..
Borderline insane.. I know. But it worked. Somehow..


Some campfire arts and crafts,


tumbling head over heels down 5 cement stairs because we were walking with our swim towel over our head and biting completely through our cheek, causing it to swell at least 3 times it's normal size..
I'm actually bummed it healed up so fast.. I didn't get a real good picture..


BUBBLES!


Time spent with great friends (and a tube),


blatantly ignoring Bob Barker's advice


to spay and neuter your pets...


A little of this..


A homemade slip 'n slide..




And of course our fair share of this..


All coupled with the looming threat of the "S" word starting again all too soon
(yet some days, not nearly soon enough) 

Can you understand why I haven't been around much?



Please forgive me. 

Sincerely,

TSLVBM
(This Summer-Lovin' Very Busy Mama)

11 comments:

  1. But your busy looks fun!!I'm sad the summer is coming to a close too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes way too fast, doesn't it?? *sigh... Still almost a month left though. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. we have! but it is definitely catching up to us.. now we need a few days of long naps and early bedtimes!!

      Delete
  3. Wow! It looks like you've had a VERY eventful few weeks! I'm stopping by from the Monday Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke! Thanks for the follow. It has been busy.. I am ready for a little break now! Headed over to visit your blog now!

      Delete
  4. looks like you're having too much fun this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to know I made it onto your busy summer list--twice! ;-) (sorry--had a typo on the first one . . . )

    ReplyDelete