Thursday, June 18, 2015

Five Minutes Underwater

10 Years. A Decade. 3652 Days. One Third of my Life. 
It alternately feels like so so long ago, 
yet at the same time only yesterday 
that we walked down the aisle toward our happily ever after.
The years have gone by so fast.
Being married to you has felt like only 5 minutes. 
Underwater..

Happy 5th 10th Anniversary to the man who still surprises me every day.

To my middle-of-the-night baby bat killer.

whose sophisticated sense of style 

always leaves me impressed.

To the mature, grown man who cares for us

and protects his family (note: the foot that is barley missing whacking Ella's head..)

To my husband who takes us on such adventures as whale watching

ziplining,

and horseback riding.

Who never lets his boys down
"Daddy! How high can you climb?"
Me muttering to myself: "More like, how far can you fall.."

And takes his kids fishing wherever they want

whenever they want..

I LOVE YOU! 

This guy is all those things and more. 
He is also the world's strongest dad

who is always there to help our children with their homework, 
(even when I'm not sure who 3rd grade math is more confusing for..) ;)

Who goes on the sweetest picnics with his little girl

and takes the coziest naps with his boys.

Who watches Saturday morning cartoons with the kids so I can sleep in,

reads bedtime stories every night,

and who I spontaneously see taking the kids on a walk to get them out of my hair so I can make supper

You are the best dad I know, the most supportive husband, the first person by my side when I'm struggling with something and don't want to talk about it, yet you somehow get me to. You are still my best friend and even after 10 years and (almost) 5 kids later we actually still like spending time together. 

Happy Anniversary to the guy who still picks me wildflowers from the side of the road, 
who supports all my dreams, and loves me unconditionally.

Thank you for being by my side the past 10 years, for building this crazy beautiful life 
we have together and for always, every single day, making me laugh.


1 comment:

  1. you just made me cry tears and tears and tears
    you are both just so amazing - and the kiddies are all divine
    life is tricky - so it helps to have a fellow 'crazy' at your side
    Bless you both
    you are an inspiration for so many and on so many levels
    congratulations guys
    lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete