Sunday, June 10, 2012

very mini-vacay

Disclaimer: As not to null my previous post, I want to blatantly admit that every single minute of this very mini-vacay was not full of giggles and smiles. Just to keep it real, there was whining about who got to sit by who, arguments about when to set the tent up, struggles to get Ella to eat her bottle, complaining about a certain bug bite on a certain private area, and by the end of the trip five very tired and very weary travelers.. However I'm totally gonna post pics that are gonna make it look like the epitome of a picture perfect time. Why? Because really.. at the end of the day, the good times did FAR outweigh the bad. I'm learning that life is messy sometimes, but there is absolutely no one else in the world I would rather be spending it with.. 

checking out the waves



kinda love this picture... 
Don't worry, I was holding onto her arm you just can't see it. Or maybe I edited it out. Whatever... 
my boys

love the hands all over his back... SO cute!

just reading by the fire



ruffle butt

the-sun-is-in-my-eyes-pirate-face

I'm sure the day will come when it's not the most exciting thing in the world to catch a 4 inch fish

For now we'll just enjoy every minute of it..


learning to bait his own hook... *sniff sniff

sittin' on the dock of the bay

trying desperately to catch a turtle :)
So even though maybe not 100% truthfully accurate, these pics certainly capture the wonderful memories we will take away from this weekend and will hold in our hearts forever.  Just so ya know...

12 comments:

  1. Awesome! I gotta chat to you about how pretty your blog is....i need help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly Mueller-MaloneJune 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

    I read a quote the other day (maybe on pinterest) that said "don't compare someone else's highlight reel to your behind the scenes." I found myself repeating that a lot today and thought you may relate to it. Very cute mini-vacay. Where did you go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kim that is PERFECT!!! exactly what i've been feeling and trying to get at.. we went to yankton. SO fun! :)

      Delete
  3. This looks like the kind of vacation that makes you feel so peaceful and happy! Your kids are just so cute and that little ruffle bottom swimsuit is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really was SO much fun.. so nice to get away even if it's just for a short time. maybe even better if it's just a short time!!

      Delete
  4. Every few pictures I think "I love this one" and then I keep going and see another I love more than the one before. GREAT pictures, I loved the one of the boys in the water with dad, Ella's pirate face, sitting on the dock, ruffle butt... heck, I loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness those are AWESOME photos!! I laughed out loud at little ruffle butt's pirate face!!! SO much cuteness there i'm about to die!!!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thanks! she makes that pirate face every time we're outside. love it!!

      Delete
  6. What great memories you made--thanks for sharing! I cannot get over how cute they all are--and their expressions...love the ruffle-butt and all of the shots really--great photographer and great subjects!

    ReplyDelete