Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy/Sad Ramblings

Happy:
Nolan gets to make up his missed soccer game tomorrow.
Sad:
It's at 8am on a Saturday.

Happy:
I washed all the boys bedding to help ease potential allergies.
Sad: 
I hung it all out on the clothesline to dry without thinking...

Happy:
Ella is standing next to furniture
Sad:
We are lightyears away from her standing unassisted or even walking.

Happy:
The American Idol Finale is on in 2 weeks (yes-guilty pleasure...)
Sad:
I won't get Wednesday nights off from helping get the boys to bed anymore

Happy:
There was a really great sale on Gevalia coffee
Sad:
I forgot my coupon.

Happy:
I've made lots of CdLS-mom friends.
Sad:
Most live halfway across the country.

Happy:
School will be out next week!
Sad:
The fighting and whining will substantially escalate next week.

Happy:
I started a fitness class.
Sad:
What used to be a freakishly fast 100 yard sprint is now a sluggish jog recited to "Pace yourself..."

Happy:
Both kids at home are sleeping
Sad:
1. I'm not.
      and
2. It's 10:30 am and it was a struggle to even make it this far...

4 comments:

  1. Hey Maria, I heard that if you give your kids LOCAL honey, (like a teaspoon everyday) that it helps build up natural immunities to some of those potential allergies. The reason behind it is, is that the bees are collecting from local plants and flowers and by consuming their honey you are getting it in small enough doses that it could actually help build up the immunities to environmental allergies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know.. i have heard something like that before... it takes awhile to build up the immunity, right? like-a period of months. but it would be a great thing to start. i will look into it more. thanks!

      Delete
  2. Happy: My talented friend Maria has a blog that is an absolute JOY to read.

    Sad: I haven't seed said friend in 10000000 years. Maybe we should have a meal together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha love this abby!! i would LOVE to do a meal together!! :)

      Delete